Introducing the 2019 Plus Eight Cohort
Kicking off in Perth for its third successive year, the 2019 Plus Eight accelerator program has a cohort of five startup companies.
Partnering with Telstra's startup accelerator muru-D and backed by a global network of mentors, investors and partners, as well as the support of West Australian property group Hawaiian, South-West based Vukelic Group, and Seven West Media.
Teams have access to a pool of $400k of seed funding, structured content and mentoring, a trip to Silicon Valley and full time working space to rapidly develop their company in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Together with Program Coordinator Kate Kirwin, Entrepreneur in Residence, Derek Gerrard and Spacecubed founder, Brodie McCulloch, teams flew to San Francisco where they learnt how to validate their business amongst the US market. Their itinerary included visiting Berkeley and Plus Eight Alumni, Humm at Skydeck Accelerator, as well as opportunities to visit Salesforce Tower and Facebook HQ. Each team had the opportunity to learn from product managers, investors, mentors, and to talk with competitors.
Following their trip to the US, teams will have continued access to our world-class entrepreneur education program and the best local and international mentors.
Spacecubed General Manager, Chandra Sundareswaran, is looking forward to working with the 2019 Plus Eight cohort of startups, saying “Over the past two years we've established a very strong program, and the Plus Eight alumni have been kicking goals in Australia and overseas. We're seeing a significant shift in the evolution of the startup ecosystem in WA and we're excited to play a part in enabling this positive change.”
The five companies accepted in the 2019 Plus Eight Program are:
- Absolute VR is transforming and improving processes across a variety of industries through virtual reality technology.
- Ari Save is the turn key financial solution for the everyday Australian that holds users accountable to their spending and saving habits.
- Art of Communication is a platform designed to help you become a great speaker and communicator, by providing a peer-to-peer learning, sharing and feedback.
- Idle Australia helps companies, manage and hire construction equipment through an online web app.
- Cordially (previously known as Perch) create empowering technology to strengthen the relationship between self managed landlords and renters.
For more information head to: https://pluseight.spacecubed.com
Keep an eye on our blog for recaps from each team on their trip to the US, and stay up to date with all the latest news by following us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. If you’re interested in learning more about our Plus Eight Program, please click here.